Test Stage (Densetsu no Starfy 2)
|An official name for the article's subject has not been found, so it uses a non-official name at Test Stage (Densetsu no Starfy 2). If you know an official name, please request the page to be moved at Category talk:Articles with conjectural names.|
|You can add to it by clicking the edit button at the top of the article. |
Reason given: Need to explore Areas more thoroughly, link a video demonstration, create separate pages for them, and link to them here, similarly to Starfy 3.
A Test Stage appears in Densetsu no Starfy 2. It is partially unused, but contains some Boss battles with broken tilesets, ability demonstrations, and unused NPCs. There are at least three areas in it. The Test Stage is essentially "Stage 0" internally.
The test stage may be accessed by making the following changes to the Starfy 2 ROM image. This may be done using a cheating device, or by modifying an illegally obtained copy of a ROM image directly.
- Change 2 bytes at 0xE4B38 from 36 D0 to C0 46. This patches an instruction that prevents access to Stage 0 from the Area select.
- Edit the following bytes at 0x2C2644 and 0x2C2645. These control the Stage and Area, respectively, that the level marker for Stage 1-1 (post-Ending) takes Starfy.
- For accessing the test stage, change 0x2C2644 from 0C to 00 (i.e. this changes Stage 12 (Stage 1 revisited version) in the 1-1 marker to Stage 0).
- The byte at 0x2C2645 may be one of 01, 02, or 03 to take Starfy to a valid area (level) (i.e. X in Stage 0-X).
- To change the starting map (the room of the level), edit the byte at 0xE67F0 (01 by default). Changing it to 00 may freeze the game as it is probably room 256.
|This article or section is a stub. You can help Starfy Wiki by expanding it.|
|Prerelease information and Unused content|
|List of prerelease information||Densetsu no Starfy • Densetsu no Starfy 2 • Densetsu no Starfy 3 • Densetsu no Starfy 4 • The Legendary Starfy|
|Lists of unused content||Densetsu no Starfy • Densetsu no Starfy 2 (test stage) • Densetsu no Starfy 3 (test stage) • Densetsu no Starfy 4 (unused models) • The Legendary Starfy (Helpful Stuff, Partially unused test stage)|
|Unreleased games||Unused balloon/bubble pushing games / Densetsu no Starfy (Game Boy/Color)|
|Events and TV shows||Nintendo Space World (2000, 2001) • World Hobby Fair (2002, 2006) • Oha Suta • E3 (2009)|
|Media with relevant information||Game Boy Encyclopedia • Gekkan Nintendo • Nintendo Dream • Nintendo Power • Nintendo Spaceworld Official Guidebooks • Websites|