Enemies (Japanese: 敵) are characters in The Legendary Starfy series that usually come in Starfy and Starly way on their quest and can damage them. They are different from Friends, which are characters that can usually be talked to or are important to the story. Most enemies, but not all can be defeated.
In Densetsu no Starfy 4, depending on the enemy and the way they hit the player, enemies will deal a set amount of damage or half Starfy or Starly's health points (Shinigami and Degil's swallow and spit out attack only) to the player character. In other games, when enemies hit Starfy or Starly they only deal one heart, except for Master Lobber's "clakkity" move or if Mashtooth swallows Starfy through his nose.
There are some harmless and/or helpful characters that may be classed as 'enemies', such as the Puffy Chub that Starfy must keep up the ground in the "Juggle This" Side Quest or Upon that may be used to send Starfy or Starly flying into the air. Fork is classed as an enemy in the first four games, while in The Legendary Starfy, he is classed as a Friend.
After completing the games, there is an available feature known as the Toys (North American and Australian versions of The Legendary Starfy), Picture Book (all Japanese games except Densetsu no Starfy 3) or Trading Cards (Densetsu no Starfy 3), which is an encyclopedia of characters and enemies with descriptions. Enemies are usually registered to this feature by defeating them, while certain enemies that cannot be defeated may be registered by meeting them or touching them.
- Main article: Boss.
Bosses (Japanese: ボス) are a special type of enemy that can only be found through a boss door. They are normally found in the last Area, or at the end of a Stage, though in Densetsu no Starfy, Sea of Sky has three bosses that Starfy must defeat before advancing to Pufftop. There are three recurring bosses in the series, Ogura, the main antagonist of Densetsu no Starfy, Densetsu no Starfy 2 and one of the main antagonists of Densetsu no Starfy 3, Konk; a boss that has appeared in every game and Bankirosu, who has appeared in both Densetsu no Starfy and Densetsu no Starfy 3.
- Main article: Rare Enemy.
There are a special kind of enemies known as Rare Enemies. These are enemies that can only be met and added to the Toys, Picture Book or Trading Cards after beating the game once. In Densetsu no Starfy, seven Rare Enemies can only be met by meeting characters and beating their Minigames on hard.
Lists of enemies
There are various listings of enemies on the Wiki.
- Densetsu no Starfy/Picture Book - Lists characters, enemies and bosses in Densetsu no Starfy that appear in the Picture Book.
- Densetsu no Starfy 4/Picture Book - Lists enemies, bosses and Friends in Densetsu no Starfy 4 that appear in the Picture Book.
- The Legendary Starfy/Toys - Lists enemies, bosses and Friends in The Legendary Starfy that appear in the Toys.
- Category:Enemies - A category listing all the enemy articles on the Wiki.
- Rare Enemies - A list of Rare Enemies in the series.
- Attack power - Lists characters, enemies and bosses in Densetsu no Starfy 4 with their attack powers.
- Densetsu no Starfy 4/Internal character and enemy names - Lists characters, enemies and bosses in Densetsu no Starfy 4 by their internal filenames.